Sunday, January 29, 2012

January stuff

Rocklond got all dressed up for the cold weather.  60 degrees can be brutal on your ears and neck. 


We went and visited Ross in Dallas a few weeks ago.  We ate at this really fun theme restaurant called the Magic Time Machine.  Belle was our waitress and was very funny. 

the next day we went to the Fort Worth Museum of science and history. we watched a short movie in the IMAX Dome. Rocklond really like it and sat threw the whole thing. 

they had a lot of other really fun exhibits too. this was the first time I have taken Rocklond to a children's museum type thing where he was the perfect age to participate in almost everything. 

now that all of the parties and vacations for are behind us for a while it is time to buckle down and work on the front yard.  

When we moved in this lovely little spot buy the front windows was "Landscaped for us" there was no weed barrier and the plants soon dies due to lack of sunlight in this area.  I spent the last year weeding and trying to make this area look good but something drastic must be done. 

here is the rest of our yard that we threw some bushes into sort of haphazardly when we first moved in and now we need to make it look better. we need something that will match that adorable garden Gnome that we have. 

I sepent Saturday morning weeding out this spot. just to see what we had to work with. after about two hours of weeding and raking I was left with this. 

which sadly doesn't look much better than when I began.  We want to turn in into a rock garden of sorts maybe with a little fountain. hopefully I will have a wonderful after picture to show you soon. 

oh and just for fun I threw in this picture of John teaching Rocklond how to clean and reassemble john's hand gun.   he threw in a gun safety lesson as well about not ever pointing guns, even fake guns, at people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment