Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Eve Party


I decided to host a New Year's Eve Party this year. last year I had fun but it was just Rocky and I and I thought I would make this year a little more special.  we had 4 different families that came over and we had SO much fun. the party started at 7:00 It was called Iceland Newyears so that we we could celebrate the new year with Iceland at 10:00 our time.   We played bingo.

We made "Icleland Sodas"  homeaid Italian Sodas.  and we had a lot of other great New Year's food. 

As a family tradition on of the prizes was a cat calender :)  not that anyone at the party got that inside joke.

then all of the kids went on a scavenger hunt. i had put different colored shapes all around the house and then the kids got clues to go find certain things. so their clue would say. wall, Blue Circle and then they would have to search threw the whole house looking for a wall that had a Blue circle and that would have the next clue taped to it. the scavenger hunt ended with a bag full of poppers and noise makers.

after all the noise It was time to travel to Iceland. all of the kids followed me and we went into the garage that had been transformed into a winter wonderland.  



In Iceland we played the flour game 

 first you have to make a tower of flour. like how you make a sand castle.  then you put a penny on top. the kids then take turns cutting little slivers of flour off the sides of the flour tower. If the penny falls into the flour then the person responsible has to dig it out with their mouth.
the kids liked it so much we had a hard time actually playing the game because everyone kept knocking the penny in on purpose. 





We then opened the garage door and let everyone count down to midnight (10:00)  and pop their poppers.
then the kids all went upstairs and watched Kung-Fo-Panda2   Amazingly most of them didn't fall asleep. 
the parents all played games down stairs and when the movie was over we all watched John set off some little fire works on our driveway. then at midnight a bunch of people were setting off huge fireworks around out lake and so we all went to the back yard to watch those. Rocky fell asleep sitting in my lap watching the fireworks. It was a really fun night and I was so glad that we had friends to share it with.

3 comments:

  1. That's neat that you played the flour game. Where did we first learn that game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is such a fun party. Good job! I'll have to remember some of that stuff for when the girls get a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you winter wonderland worked so well. I love your ideas. You friends must have had a great time.

    ReplyDelete