this picture was taken back in January. we had just paid to have someone lay sod. I felt extremely ripped off for about the next five months as the grass stayed about the same dead green color seen here. Even when our neighbors grass was looking good ours just hadn't started to grow. the grass is always greener where the love is and so I started giving our lawn lots of love. I fertilized it every six weeks. there were weeds that were coming up in between the pieces of sod and so I weeded the grass about twice every week. john tried getting rid of the weeds by spraying roundup on the grass. This drastically set back the grasses progress as everywhere he sprayed died. I continued to water the grass and as the summer heat hit and the sky stayed rain free i upped the watering to 20 min a day. (in Utah you would never water this much during a drought, but here in Houston you get in trouble if your grass isn't green)
and VOILA!!! beautiful and green.
Sadly this plan didn't help my tomato plants that out of the three plants only produces one tomato.
It isn't much of a looker but I was so happy that it just turned red. I ate it and it was good. although there was one worn hole in it and it looked ok to eat so I ate it but as soon as it was in my mouth I imagined there being a worm in it and it really grossed me out.
No comments:
Post a Comment