last year we thought of the most romantic getaway that we could four our anniversary.... Deep sea Fishing.
We had such a great time that we had to do it again this year.
The first day of Red Snapper season is June 1st our anniversary is June 2nd but the first day of the season is the best so we celebrate our anniversary early.
this year I came with Dramamine in hand to try and combat the nausea that I got last Year. No such luck I still got to get friendly with all of the other people who were bent over the back of the boat. I was thinking the whole time why did I let John talk me into this again.
Luckly I recovered and was able to fish once we were at our desired fishing location. about ten minutes in to fishing and I caught a Shark!!! this made the whole trip worth it. and I was already glad that I had come back for year two. our next fishing spot was full of Red Snapper. John got some big ones but they got away. we were catching fish with every cast. (most were to small and had to be thrown back) red snapper have to be about 16 inches to keep (i don't remember exact length)
I think we got about two keepers and I caught some different fish that nobody else got called Lane Snapper.
Our next stop is when all of the big red snapper were caught everyone I think had one on their line at one point. john caught a monster one.after everyone doing so well we caught enough snapper to have everyone at their limit of two snapper per person. we still had time and so we went fishing for other types of fish. John caught a shark! and then I caught another one. so cool we have been on several of these deep sea fishing trips over the years and this was the first time we have ever caught sharks and this time we caught three! It was a great day fishing and chances are we will be back again for more next year.
I once ate shark at the Roof Restaurant! - Mom
ReplyDelete