We went on an exciting trip to Dinosaur National Monument Located near Vernal Utah (AKA the middle of nowhere). I don't know why I am obsessed with dinosaurs. It is probably because I was scared for life from watching Jurassic Park when I was little. they are very interesting to me and actually one of the things in life that I fear the most. which is strange because they are extinct, but they are often the terror that sneaks into all of my nightmares.
in a last minute turn of events we found ourselves traveling back in time to the age of the dinosaurs. we miss calculated the amount of time it would take and so our six hour trip turned into close to nine hours. of course we realized later that it was actually not quite that long because the clock in our car was off by an hour and so we got a little confused by times.
We camped at the Green river campsite. the instant we stepped out of our car John was attacked by a Terra dactyl! well not quite it was actually just some mini Terradactyl like insects known today as Mosquitoes. They completely left me and Rocklond alone so I was able to make dinner and then we ate in the tent so that john wouldn't get attacked anymore.
the next morning we went on some hikes. one of them had dinosaur bones.
In this picture of john there is a large bone next to his right arm.
this was really cool. sadly the main quarry at this park is closed so we didn't get to see to many. we drove around the beautiful park and got to see some petroglyphs.
After a very hot and tiring day which left me a little dehydrated and cranky. we decided to stay in a motel rather than spending the evening hiding from Mosquitoes. also camping with a baby is anything buy enjoyable. We had a little BBQ at a park and this is a a little conversation that I had with John
L-"I need to get something out of the car."
J-"get on my back and I will give you a piggy back ride there"
L-"why?"
J-"so it looks like we are having fun."
this ended up making me laugh so hard that we actually had fun the rest of the night.
We went to a museum there in Vernal and took some fun pictures. the museum was closed which was the story of this trip so we just took pictures from the sidewalk.
The nest day we had had seen all we wanted to an so we headed to Provo and hiked to the first waterfall at Mt. Timpanogos. that hike was like heaven compared to the hot sunny NO Shade hikes of Dinosaur.
It ended up being a fun trip sometimes it's the things that go wrong that make a trip memorable.
i want to do all of tymp over the summer. But i didnt know you guys were up here.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you have so much fun with your little family.
ReplyDeleteHa! Ha! I love the part about the piggy back ride. That so sounds like Greg and me! This looks like so much fun! We are definitely going to Vernal this summer!
ReplyDeleteThey should call it fosil land. And I can't think of two more opposite places than dinosaur land and the timp 1st waterfall.
ReplyDeletecool trip. That is SOOOOOO funny. I laughed so hard. "so it looks like we are having fun" I would have fun after that too.
ReplyDelete