anyways I did a search for electric cars in Houston and came accross. houstonelectriccars.net So the next chance I got we drove down and test drove a few.
the first one that we tried you might recognize as the antagonistic car from Mr Bean. I was so happy that I got to drive this one. it had a surprising amount of leg and head room but my arm rested right on the door. I felt like it was my first time driving because the car kept jerking back and forth as I tried to get used to how it accelerated. this car was already probably not going to be my choice because it can't go on the freeway and I really would like to be able to make it to church and back which requires freeway driving.
Rocklond thought it was a really cool car and enjoyed the ride.
we were a little limited in what we could drive becasue I needed something with more than two seats. It looks like if this plan is going to work then we will have to find a lightweight donor car. I am still very excited about this plan and so blessed to have this little dealership so close to me where they will convert a car over for me if I can get one that is the right size.

now enough about the green vehicles lets look at my beautiful almost green yard.
every day I go out and work on this mess for about an hour. so far it really hasn't changed too much.
i decided to tackle the box area because I sort of knew what I wanted to do to fix it.
I moved a total of four of the bushes that were planted around the box. some of them I only transplanted about 6-8 inches away from their old homes. but they were so close to the box that they were right up against the cement base of the box and I just thought they needed a little more room to grow. I cut out a bunch of grass to make it look like we wanted it to be there not just and accident. I think I might get some litle flowers to brighten this up.
On each side of the box I moved a bush back and added a rose bush in it's place. I hope that they will grow to cover the box and add some more color. I added a nice manure to the dirt when I was transplanting to give the plants some much needed nutrients. hopefully this will help them grow a lot so they will eventually hide the box completely.
all of the grass that I cut away from the box I transplanted to cover this flower bed. I decided that the flower bed was just too much for our already busy lawn. I think it will look better with the grass going all the way up to the front walkway. I am not sure what we are going to do to the area in front of the windows. maybe after I finish everything else it will come to me what will look best in that space.

I think you should build a wall around it, maybe mom would help you, she always wanted to build one around the jr. high's metal box.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that you are looking into electric cars. They are so fun to drive. If you lived closer, I would convert one over to electric for you.
ReplyDeleteI have re-mapped my website with more meaningful names. The link is now:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.johnsavesenergy.com/ElectricTruck.html