We went shopping at a mall. the malls here are so big it is a lot of fun to go walking through and see what stores they have here in Houston that they don't have in Salt lake. We got Rocklond a new Sunday outfit. here are some pictures of John and Rocklond already for church.
I started making cakes again. One of John's friends is having a birthday and so I suggested I could make a cake. well things quickly escalated from there. I have only done two cakes with fondant and they were both simple Round cakes. It wasn't until I was rolling out the fondant for the first cake that I realized this would be a little different. but they actually turned out to not be too hard to make. I don't know why we ended up making two cakes. I think it was a miss communication between John and I.
Here is the car cake with the crumb layer of frosting.
this is the car right after I put on the fondant (I was going for bright orange but got to tiered of kneeing food coloring in the fondant.)
and the finished car
Here is the other cake that we made. I was joking that it is too bad that his friend wasn't turning 8. I really like how I got the road to go down to a lower level and then it goes up a bridge to the upper cake. I don't recommend making chocolate fondant which is what we did for the Road and the car windows. for some reason the coco powder makes it almost impossible to work with.
wow those cakes look amazing! are you going to make a Christmas cake? you and John are very creative.
ReplyDeleteDo they make sugar free fondant? He He.
ReplyDeleteWe can't wait to be you all next month!
no 1. rocky is getting soooo hansome and i can tell he is a nice baby, unlike someone i know who is always looking for trouble...
ReplyDeleteno 2. man did you make that cake? that's crazy, it's too advanced and cool...
lindsey, I laughed so hard about the sloppy sock!!!
ReplyDelete