Thursday, May 3, 2012

New: Baby, floor and car

Knoxx at 2 weeks old

Knoxx is changing so much I took this picture today right before I gave him a bath. He is starting to be awake for longer. I am now running the house all by myself. my mother-in law left a few days ago and I already miss her help So much. she was such a blessing to have here.  when she arrived Knoxx was a week old and I still felt like i did the first day out of the hospital.  After her help for a week I am feeling so much better and I think  everyone is starting to adjust to life with our new little baby. 

Knoxx has two dimples. One on each cheek, just like his dad. he sometimes gives me these little sleepy smiles and I can see them poking into his cheeks. 

Rocklond is adjusting to being a big brother ok. He still is very clingy to me and doesn't listen to a word john and I say but he does like to come and rub Knoxx's head. and likes to help me give Knoxx a bath. 


this is our family now. we took this when Knoxx turned two weeks old.  I think John got a better pic on on his camera phone. 

We finally finished out bathroom floor. for the last 2 months we have had NO master bathroom. we had paid to have new flooring installed and the workers came and ripped out all of the carpet that was in there and took out our toilet and then realized that our floor was not level enough for the flooring we had selected. we spent the next two weeks trying to find a alternative flooring and finally just had to get a refund for the whole job. then we spent another two weeks finding something that would work. I found this vinyl planking stuff and ordered it but then it was back ordered and we had to wait for it to come in. it came in the Monday before Knoxx was born. 

john started putting it in about two days after I got out of the hospital. and has been working on it for the last week. finally last night we got the toilet installed back in there and now we can use the sower and tub again

and the last new thing that we have is a new car! I have about a whole book I could write about how we ended up buying a Toyota Sequoia. but the short vertion is that John and I decided we needed to get a car for me ASAP and We went to our favorite car dealership (Home DEPOT parking lot) and picked out a very reasonably priced older Toyota Sequoia and drove it home that night. I LOVE it.  (this is not the actual car in the picture I just pulled it off the web but it is white and it looks almost just like this.) 

4 comments:

  1. Your bathroom floor looks great. I think it was worth the wait.

    And Knoxx is cute too! And I can't wait to see a picture of your actual car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knoxx has so many similarities to Rocky as a baby. They have the same nose. He is very very cute, he also looks like a loveless. Nice car. I am glad you are adjusting. Hopefully all goes well now. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Kari could help you so much. That was a lot of adjusting to do with Knoxx coming 10 days early. Glad you got some rest while she was visiting and that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love all the new additions! esp knoxx:)

    ReplyDelete