The rain finally stopped here in Houston and so i was able to try out some of my food storage supplies. the first being dehydrated apples. I made this Apple pie from dried apples that I got at the cannery.
I was planning to cook the pie in the oven but the sun was shinning brighter than it has since last summer and so I knew it was the perfect day to try out my Solar oven.
the pie baked so nicely. I could smell it when I walked into the backyard to check on it. It took 3 hours to cook. but it might was probably done at two hours I just left it out for another hour just in case.
and the finished pie had a beautiful crispy crust on the bottom, sides and top. I sort of spilled the pie about halfway threw cooking and so It got a little messed up on one side.
It was really fun to eat a pie cooked by the sun.
You are super fabulous.
ReplyDeleteThat is super cool!
ReplyDelete