Wednesday, July 20, 2011

72 stitches later

You might remember this picture from when we first moved in to our house in November. Since making this bed spread I have been not so in love with it because it didn't go with anything that we had. since we really didn't have a design schema for our room I was ok with that.  Well all that has changed.  when we bought a new guest bed. it didn't come with a frame and that was ok with me because I knew I could get one on Craigs list. 
Well i found a beautiful sleigh bed that was in my price range and E-mailed the eseller asking if they would bring it to me and I would pay them extra. since they lived about an hour drive away I was a little worried that they would decline. I didn't hear anything for two days and so I decided to get another bed. 

That is when I bought this beautiful white beauty. it was from a family here in Cypress and they were able to bring it almost right after I E-mailed them. I took it home and set it up in my room and put the old frame in the guest room.  

What? you can barley see it in this picture? oh no.  yes that is right I didn't like how it looked. it blended into the wall and really didn't help or hurt my bedspread. It also looked like a girls bed. which I loved but I just didn't think it was the right look for our bed room and it presented more design problems then it fixed. 

the thought crossed my mind to paint it or otherwise re-finish it. I decided against that idea as I already have undertaken a huge re-finishing project (to be revealed in the coming weeks). then entered the sleigh bed that I had first wanted. the seller finally got back to me and agreed to deliver the bed! 

I set it up in my room and had them both set up so I could see what one I liked better. there was no competition. 

the sleigh bed was the right fit. it went better with what I already had going on in the room.and the wood really works well with the rich blue color of the bed spread. 

this room still has a long way to go before it looks good, but i think we are on the right track. 



my mattress suffered a bad rip (on the underside thank goodness)when it got caught on the corner of the white bed frame. 72 stitches later it was good as new. 

and here is the old bed frame in its new home. or maybe the white bed frames new home.  we will see. 
White bed frame for sale $220  Black bed frame $70   come and get them.(well only one or else I would be back in the same spot I was in.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment