In this picture you can see that we are almost half way done. we got the brick at around 7:00am and started working at 8:00 this picture was taken at 12:00
After letting our piles of sand sit for about two weeks I finally ordered the brick and we got to work putting it in. John moved all of the bricks to the back yard and I leveled the sand and put in the bricks. beside the bricks being really rough and cutting up my hands It was so much fun and so rewarding.
Rocklond had a blast playing in the sand with his trucks. we were outside almost the whole day and he never got tired of rolling around in the sand.
after lunch and a rest we went back out to finish. we were able to get the rest done a lot faster because I had figured out a few tricks of the trade. one of those is to wear gloves. the gloves that I was wearing ended up with so many hole in them I had to turn them around just so they would continue to protect my hands.
now all we have to do is get more brick(we ran out) and cut it to finish the corners. then sweep the remaining sand into the cracks.
That is awesome! And it looks great too!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed and so jelouse. Hillary says that rearranging the bricks in front of our house paid off
ReplyDelete