Monday, July 13, 2009

let's make a cake!





I made a cake and decorated it with rolled fondant. It was really easy and fun. I was so excited to see it actually turn out. John was a big help.
the recipe can be found at this website. thecookduke.com/fondant-recipe/
the recipe calls for glycerin and when I asked the grocery store if they had any they took me to the medicine isle and showed me a little box called Glycerin Drops. It was really funny because she then told me it was a kind of stool softener. I knew that that probably wasn't what my cake frosting needed so I made the recipe without the glycerin.

here are some pictures of Kingwood which is an area near our house. this may look like a road out in the country but it is a busy shopping center.


the other picture is of the freeways right by our house. don't you love pictures through car windows


and here is our apartment building


Rocklond in the car.


taking a bath.

4 comments:

  1. Cute cake! I am proud of you for trying fondant. - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks great! Even without some ingrediant. And Rocklond is as cute as ever. Wow! What a cool freeway right in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wanna see more photos!!! we miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! Go you!! Fondant is so fun!! I've only bought the premade stuff. :) The outside of your place looks nice! Are they actual freeways there or toll roads? Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete